Thoracic Anesthesia Airway Management
Thoracic anesthesia requires its own set of difficult airway management tools. Double lumen tubes, bronchial blockers, and lung separation are hard enough in the normal airway patient, let alone the difficult one. The Thoracic Anesthesia Airway Management Module uses lecture and mannequin simulation to sharpen these skills.
- Methods of lung isolation
- Practical tips for successful lung separation
- Advantages and disadvantages of various devices of lung separation
- Special situations: difficult airway, tracheostomy
- Practical tips for successful lung deflation
- Concepts of protective lung ventilation